Records are not only the old school music listening way, rather they provide much more than that. Most of all, you can experience a physical connection to the music playing device as compared to the online music gallery, which is not present to make a contact or touch.
Now, the record players have also got modern components inside. Different manufacturers are coming with more and more advanced featured record players. Crosley record players are one such modern part, that delivers you an immersive and interesting music time.
What Does Crosley Record Player Deliver?
For a vinyl collector’s true and ideal starting experience Crosley record players are the best source. They readily play any of your records either new or classic plus provides aesthetics (eye-catching). These are affordable pieces for adding to the stereo setup.
The biggest benefit is that they facilitate different connection sources. For instance, Bluetooth connection is one of the best and latest features through which they can also be played. There are some other connection sources too.
Let’s have a look over the connections Crosley Record Players can be used through;
How to use Crosley Record Player
Before playing a Crosley Record player through any of such connection sources, an initial setup is required to make a placement of the Crosley record at a proper place.
- First of all, place the record player on a leveled (flat) surface
- The surface should be 100% stable (balanced) and vibration-free
- After that, remove the tie-wrap from the tonearm (it holds the tonearm)
- On the top position of the turntable platter, place a slip mat
- Find the power jack, make an AC adaptor connected to it
Before powering the AC adaptor or before making the power connection on, make satisfaction that all the connecting systems have settled completely with accuracy. It’ll keep your player safe and long-lasting.
This is the basic (usual) record player operating system. You need to follow few steps to get this set up in a working position.;
- At first, for turning on the power of the record player, rotate the volume on/off knob.
- Then speed switch should be set accordingly.
- Make a placement of record over (on) turntable.
- If you find it a necessity, then a 45 RPM adapter can be used.
- At the next step, the Stylus protector of the stylus assembly is needed to be removed.
- Hold Down Clip of tonearm should be released at this step.
- The tonearm is needed to lift through using the tonearm lever.
- Where you want to play (the point at which you desire to begin the play) over the record, there place the tonearm (over the record) gently.
- Place back the tonearm lever to its down position. Then tonearm slowly descends over the record. And starts playback.
- Use the tonearm lever for rising the tonearm after when the record has completed playing or finished the play. After that convert towards tonearm rest.
- Releasing the tonearm lever will set back the rest position of the tonearm.
- The method can be repeated accordingly, for playing again.
- In the end for the security of the tonearm, the tonearm clip should be locked.
Must lock back the Hold Down Clip, when you are not using the turntable. Plus, whenever you clean up the turntable or whenever you are going to remove it, you must place the Stylus Guard (included) at its proper position, otherwise, the Stylus would get damaged.
Stereo System – RCA Jacks Connection
This is one of the best things Crosley record players come along, as you can enjoy the music at your favorite volume level through it. You can easily find two holes (line out) in between Aux and power jack positions; these holes are the source of stereo system connection.
- Connect the RCA jacks’ output directly to the speakers (pair of active and powerful speakers).
- Or either connect it to any other input source of stereo system.
- Connect the white plug to the left channel and the red plug to the right channel.
- Just after this simple connection, the system is ready to work.
If RCA jacks can be connected directly to the unpowered (passive) speakers, they deliver very low volume levels. As they are not designed for passive speaker functioning.
- At first, make a connection of Bluetooth by turning on the Bluetooth switch.
- This will convert the record player towards Bluetooth mode.
- Activation of Bluetooth mode sound will be heard at this point.
- At your audio device, turn on the Bluetooth mode feature.
- There, search out for the Crosley record player.
- Pair the device with the unit.
- When the device is paired with the unit, a confirmation sound from the unit will be heard.
- Just after this simple method connection, you can start playing the music at the unit from the device.
Input AUX Operation/Connection
- At first, find the AUX lead option at the unit/record player
- Take an auxiliary cable of 3.5mm to make an Aux connection
- Connect the cable’s one end to the audio device and the other end to the unit (Aux-in Jack)
- After that starts playing the music
The turntable function will be overridden automatically by using the AUX playing option. For resuming the turntable’s function, removing the Aux from the jack is a must require.
The article above is explaining the question of how to use Crosley Record Player. The article authentically describes the types of connections Crosley players provide. You can use either of these connections after reading the above explanation keenly, as it is easy to understand.
So, read the article carefully to fully understand the usage of Crosley Record Players.